We recently attended a webinar hosted by the International Signs Association on the Economic Outlook for the Grocery & Restaurant Sector. The Guest speaker was Phil Lempart – the Supermarket Guru. With over 25 years of experience as an expert analyst on consumer behavior & marketing trends – we learned a lot about the way digital signs have changed from Covid-19.
Digital Signage has become our new normal and has proved itself essential
- Easily share important health and safety information
- Reminders of social distancing measures
- Instantly change messaging in an ever-changing landscape of retail
Pre-Covid-19 Stats on digital signage growth:
- Digital signage is projected to grow at a compound annual growth of 4.3% from 2020 to 2027 – reaching $19.44 billion by 2027
- Printed signage Global Market is projected to reach $46.7 billion by 2024 with a compound annual growth of 0.31%
Other factors that make digital signage attractive:
- Digital signage technology is constantly and dramatically evolving with the latest technologies…which makes it even more aligned with the values and demands of Generation Z and Millenials
- Further enhancing the quality of the media, in particular the quality of advertisements, and creating a stronger impact on these target audiences
- Digital signage allows retailers to pivot from a single focus marketing approach to dynamic messaging to better personalize audiences’ specific wants and needs at the right time
- Allows retailers to take this information and gather quantitative data that can be used to make future decisions
Important to note that even if just using print signage, all grocery, retailers, and restaurants must develop a new strategy for signage.
Lempart offers 5 ways digital signage can help the grocery and food services sectors to adapt after the Corona Virus:
1. Outdoor kiosk displays for wayfinding and social distancing prompts
2. Use digital signage screens to convey public health notices
3. Control room digital signage setups for surveillance and real-time capacity monitoring
4. Digital signage with audio to convey imagery & auditory safety information
5. Digital signage with cameras enable passenger temperature sensing in restaurants & grocery stores
Don’t get left behind! We can help you stand apart with the signage of NOW!